April 27-29, 2018
Sertoma Youth Ranch in Brooksville, FL
Join us for the third-annual Old Time Jamboree at the beautiful Sertoma Youth Ranch in Brooksville sponsored by FSFA. We had a great turnout last year, and tons of fun. The Old Time Jamboree is an opportunity for us to gather together for some bangin’ and sawin’ out tunes, and just makin’ a joyous racket together!
- Entry fee is $20 per duo.
- Old Time Music Only…. Banjo and Fiddle must be played in the Old Time Style to qualify.
- Each duet will consist of one banjo and one fiddle only. No backup instruments.
- Each duet will play two tunes. A medley will be counted as two and you must notify judges that you will be playing a medley.
- You may enter the contest twice if you play both banjo and fiddle, but you may only enter once on each instrument. You must pay the $20 entry fee for each time competing.
- Judges decisions are final.
WINNERS OF THE 2017 FIDDLE/BANJO DUET COMPETITION:
1st Place – Anna Strickland (fiddle) and Matt Holiday (banjo)
2nd Place – Bob Murphy (fiddle) and Greg Allen (banjo)
3rd Place – David Strickland (fiddle) and Anna Strickland (banjo)
The Jamboree begins on Friday night with a potluck dinner at 6:00 pm. Bring something to share, meet and greet. There will be lots of jamming and learning. All skill levels welcome. Contact Carol Whisler if you would be interested in volunteering to work registration or to be a judge. (CarolWhisler@Yahoo.com)
We will have the Soggy Bottom Pavilion in the very back of the campground on Saturday for performances. Please try to camp in that area so as not to bother other campers with our late night jams! Campsite locations are first come, first served. This is a beautiful, shady campground with water & electric hookups (dump station available). Primitive camping (no hookups) is $15 per night, and water/electric sites are $25. Reservations are not required, but be sure to tell them you are with the FSFA group so you go to the right area. FSFA Jamboree admission is only $10 per person (kids are free!) so come on out and have a good time, and help support the Florida State Fiddlers Association! (If not camping, Sertoma charges a $5 park fee for walk-ins.)